Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our little chatterbox

With each stage comes new and exciting milestones. Mya is 16 months, walking eveywhere, getting into everything, yet what I love most is listenig to her talk! She is quite the coversationalist. She has about a dozen real words and numerous "other words." I am sure that being first time parents we are more amazed at her development than if we had experience with other children, but it just blows me away.
When I pick her up from daycare all I have to say is, "how was your day? What did you do at daycare today?" And she will tell me, in what I assume is great detail, because it takes the whole 15 minute ride home. Mixed in with the ball, baby, mommy, daddy, Holli is ba, da, oh. She is so excited and animated with her story telling. I always wonder what she thinks she is telling me. Whatever it is she must have had a lot of fun.
Her new thing is "my daddy" and "my mommy." My sister was staying with us for awhile and she has a boxer named Halle. When Mya first saw her, her eyes got really big and she said, "hi doggy!" Which made me wonder, what did she think Rambo was? She had never said doggy before. I try to video her little monologs, but as soon as she sees the camera that is all she wants. One of these days I will get one captured and posted.
God blessed us with such an amazing little angel. We couldn't be more thankful...even at 6am when she starts telling us its time for breakfast!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

You really do have an amazing family!