Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Laugh a little...or a lot

Last Friday I had the opportunity of offering a little of inspiration to the attendees at the Canyon County Women's Council of Realtors meeting. I had a hard time at first trying to narrow down my topic, but after taking to a broker friend of mine I found the perfect topic. One that was near and dear to my heart, one I was raised on...laughter! She told her agents to "lighten up and laugh more." It was perfect.

"Live LAUGH Love." "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." "Laughter is the best medicine." The last quote was the one Ifocused on. Did you know that children laugh 300+ time a day and adults only 15x a day? Pretty sad considering laughing is good for you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Laughing reducing stress & muscle tension for up to 45 minutes after the laughter subsides. Laughing creates intimacy and bonds between people, strenghtening relationships.

Now that Mya has entered our lives I know there is a lot more laughter filling our house these days. Not that Jared & I didn't laugh before, but now we have even more to laugh about. We hear her laugh at something and that sound makes us laugh which in turn makes her laugh more. I think you get the picture. So, I challenge you to "lighten up and laugh".

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That was a great message.

Maggie said...

Neat! Now where is the cute video of little miss laughing, so we can all join along?! :0)